Bowen is a holistic remedial body technique that works on the soft connective tissue (fascia) of the body. Bowen therapy can be used to address symptoms on a physical (musculoskeletal), emotional & or related neurological level.
It is a dynamic system of muscle and connective tissue therapy that was developed by the late Tom Bowen in Geelong, Australia. It helps in healing many types of injuries and other health problems, including acute sports injuries and chronic or organic conditions.
The kind of conditions that it can address is as follows:
- Back Pain
- Bed wetting
- Neck and Shoulder problems
- Pain management
- Degenerative problems
- Respiratory and ENT issues
- Chronic fatigue
- Digestive disorders
- Menstrual and hormonal irregularities
- Sports and acute injuries
- Post-operative recovery
- Minimizing the side effects of chemotherapy and long term medications.
In a Bowen therapy session:
- Your Bowen therapist will commence your session with a detailed understanding of your health.
- Based on your report, your Bowen therapist would start your treatment which would consist of small moves at varying pressures, each at a specific site on the body and the body responds in its own time, within its vital capacity.
- A typical Bowen Technique session generally lasts from 15 to 45 minutes.
- Rather than focusing on a single complaint, Bowen Technique addresses the entire body, by restoring balance via the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS).
- You will start noticing difference from the very first session.
- The total number of sessions required for you would be suggested by your Bowen therapist.
- Once your prescribed sessions are completed, it is recommended that a Bowen session should be done thereafter as frequently as once a month in order to maintain physical and emotional wellbeing for regular maintenance. It will help maintaining your body alignment and can provide a deep relaxation to the body just like a body spa.